UPDATE as of January 2021:
The Eltham Chiropractic and Podiatry Clinic remains open throughout the current lockdown period, in accordance with government legislation and the advice of our medical governing bodies.
Please attend upcoming appointments and call to book new appointments as normal. Please however inform us in advance if you are unable to attend a booked appointment.
We wish you all good physical and mental health at this time.
Our COVID-19 secure practice procedures at The Eltham Chiropractic & Podiatry Clinic
We would like to reassure our patients with the extensive safety measures we have put in place for the well-being of all visitors and staff here.
• We have installed an IQAir air purifier equipped with a hospital grade HyperHEPA filter. This system is currently being used throughout the world’s hospitals, including our NHS, helping to keep the airborne micro-organisms count in the ambient air as low as possible. It guarantees a minimum removal efficiency of 99.5% even for the tiniest airborne microorganisms and more than 99.97% effectiveness at 0.3 μm. This includes even particles the size of the coronavirus which has a diameter between 0.08 and 0.12 μm.
• Our practitioners will be wearing PPE compliant with the recommendations of the British Chiropractic Association and the College of Podiatry.
• In our waiting area, we have installed a contact-free hand sanitiser station. There is also a washroom with a basin, disposable paper hand towels and pedal bin available. We have also replaced fabric furniture with new wipeable chairs and have removed loose magazines.
• Outside of opening hours for patients, we will run a UVC germicidal lamp in the clinic rooms. Ultraviolet technology is a non-chemical approach to disinfection. This short-wave ultraviolet light deactivates the DNA of bacteria, viruses and other pathogens and thus destroys their ability to multiply and cause disease.
To help prevent the spread of infection and protect our patients and staff, we respectfully ask all patients to co-operate with the following new protocols:
• If you, or someone you have been in close contact with, has a confirmed case of COVID-19, or is experiencing a new continuous cough, and/or high fever, and/or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, please do not attend the clinic. Instead, please stay at home and call us to reschedule or cancel your appointment. For further advice please visit the NHS website https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19
• Please only come into the practice at your appointed time. Kindly wait in your car/outside if you arrive early.
• Please limit the number of family members, carers and children accompanying you as far as possible.
• Please do not bring bags or coats into the practice if possible.
• Please ensure you sanitise or wash your hands both before and after coming into the clinic treatment room.
• On arrival, you will be asked to sign a screening questionnaire to confirm your current health status regarding COVID-19.
• We recommend that patients bring their own pen to sign any required forms.
• Please understand that, to the best of our ability, appointments will run to exact timings. We will be unable to overrun appointments if you are late.
We look forward to welcoming you at our practice and providing you with continued excellent service, with safety for all uppermost. We would like to give huge thanks to all our patients for your ongoing support, patience and understanding, and wish you the best of health at this time.